Overview of the issue: It is small web based productions application and hosted in SQL express 2012 for the license costing. Issue is whenever SQL restarted for whatever reason identity numbers are changed very bigger and identity jumping from one to other digits. To fix this in our case we cannot do this at database level or table schema script level to NOCACHE or disable the IDENTITY CACHE, since it is been enabled many databases and application code changes are not advised. Resolution: Enable trace flag T272 at instance level in the start up parameters.
Msg 22830, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sys.sp_cdc_enable_db_internal
Msg 22830, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sys.sp_cdc_enable_db_internal, Line 198 [Batch Start Line 8]Could not update the metadata that indicates database is enabled for Change Data Capture. The failure occurred when executing the command ‘SetCDCTracked(Value = 1)’. The error returned was 15404: ‘Cannot not obtain information about windows NT group error code 0x5. Change your database owner to SA. use [DB_name] go Exec sp_changedbowner'sa'
Cannot connect to WMI provider. You do not have permission or the server is unreachable SQL server 2005
Overview of the issue. We had two SQL instances are installed in a server SQL 2008R2 and 2014 both instance configuration managers are not opened. Error: Cannot connect to WMI provider. You do not have permission or the server is unreachable. Note that you can only manage SQL Server 2005 and later servers with SQL Server Configuration Manager. Fix: Open drive where you have installed SQL, mostly C and navigate the folders and make sure you have file called – sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof. Run the following command in the CMD with run as administrator. mofcomp “%programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof” Ex: 120 need to be changed for other versions. 2005-90 2008R2-100 2012-110…
SPN registration to SQL server to make a Kerberos authentication
Overview of the issue. It is UAT server which has two SQL instances older 2008R2 and newer 2014. Application team is managing it their own. The issue is application is not connecting after migrated databases from 2008R2 to 2014, even connection string been changed. I did basic connectivity checks, I can able to connect from other windows server where SSMS been installed. But unfortunately, I cannot test it from application server since it was UNIX server and application is JAVA based one. I have checked SQL logs and had logon trace as well to find any incoming connection and failures etc. I could not get any, then connection string been…
SQL query tuning front end Website slowness
SQL query tuning front end Website slowness Overview of the issue. There is a health care website which used by doctors, in a day which runs slow sometimes and runs fine most of the time. The slowness is about 1 to 3 seconds and it sometimes timeout as well, when it reaches timeout setting. I have configured server side trace, whoisactive and Perfmon counters as well to correlate with anything when needed. As a basic check, the website is fetching data from two databases one is 300 MB and other is 500 MB and no maintenance job been run in place. Have configured maintenance job, still same issue after a…